1. –"May I speak to your manager Mr. Williams at five o´clock tonight?"
–"I´m sorry. M. Williams _______ to a conference long before then."
(A) will have gone (B) had gone (C) would have gone(D) has gone
2. You _______ him so closely; you should have kept your distance.
(A) shouldn´t follow (B) mustn´t follow (C) couldn´t have been following (D) shouldn´t have been following
3. The growth of parta2time and flexible working patterns, and of training andretraining schemes, _______ more women to take advantage of employment opportunities.
(A) have allowed (B) allow (C) allowing (D) allows
4. Everybody _______ in the hall where they were welcomed by the secretary.
(A) assembled(B) accumulated (C) piled (D) joined
5. Putting in a new window will _______ cutting away part of the roof.
(A) include(B) involve (C) contain(D) comprise
6. Living in the western part of the country has its problems, _______ obtaining fresh water is not the least.
(A) with which (B) for which (C) of which (D) which
7. In the _______ of the project not being a success, the investors stand to lose up to $30 million.
(A) face (B) time (C) event (D) course
8. The manager would rather his daughter _______ in the same office.
(A) had not worked (B) not to work (C) does not work(D) did not work
9. _______, he does get annoyed with her sometimes.
(A) Although much he likes her (B) Much although he likes her (C) As he likes her much (D) Much as he likes her
10. The British constitution is _______ a large extent a product of the historical events described above.
(A) within (B) to (C) by (D) at
答案：A D D A B C C D D B